STEM RTP Grantmaking Program
Our Goals and Approach
The STEM RTP grantmaking program will fund a carefully selected portfolio of nonprofit organizations that are making an impact in the North Carolina Triangle region and throughout the state. We will identify proven programs that lie at the intersections of diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) and STEM. Our aim is to help organizations sustain these programs during COVID-19 and, where possible, scale up for greater impact.
- With support from the RTP DEI Collective, we will identify small organizations (with budgets under $5,000,000) where the RTP STEM grants will make a significant impact.
- These organizations will have demonstrated successful results in their programming, as well as have the potential for scaling up.
- They will be led by committed, expert board members and staff that represent the richly diverse communities they serve in North Carolina.
- Among the programs we support, we will include collaborative efforts, knowing these often struggle to find consistent funding.
- We will aim for selecting a portfolio of organizations that allow us to serve a range of people in North Carolina, including:
- Low-income families and children aged birth through young adult.
- Adults seeking sustainable career pathways in STEM fields, especially those underrepresented in these fields, such as women and people of color.
- Residents of the NC Triangle region as well as residents in rural areas of the state, where it can be difficult to access sustainable career pathways.
- Our approach will also emphasize the spirit of RTF’s mission by helping build a more diverse talent pipeline for Research Triangle Park, strengthening the economic security of people across the state, and partnering with our region’s universities and wider education community.